We are hiring a researcher with strong programming skills and a health care background. The statistical programmer will prepare and analyze data sets on health care utilization and costs, contribute to scientific papers on health economics and the cost-effectiveness of medical care, create handbooks on economics research methods, and help our research consulting service answer questions from medical researchers throughout the U.S.
In order to apply for this position, you must have the following qualifications:
- Experience in SAS or Stata programming required. Knowledge of Biostatistics preferred.
- The ability to express yourself clearly in written and spoken English.
- A bachelor’s degree and at least one year of additional schooling or work experience that required a significant amount of statistical programming.
- Familiarity with medical terms and the U.S. health care system. This requirement can be met with work experience in a clinical, research or health care finance setting, or with a degree in public health, health services, or a related field.
- U.S. citizenship is required. Permanent residency is not sufficient.
Starting salary is based on education and job-related experience, with a range of $78,861 – $122,884, plus employee benefits.
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Programmer Position.”
- A c.v. / resume, including your email address and telephone number.
- A letter of interest.
- A writing sample.
- A sample of your programming work, preferably in SAS.
- An unofficial academic transcript.
- Three names and contact information of professional or academic references.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values at HERC and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. A diverse workforce enhances our community and strengthens our ability to achieve our mission. We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
For questions regarding this job post, please contact us by email: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.