The Health Economics Resource Center (HERC) conducts cutting-edge research to improve the efficiency and value of the U.S. health care system. We invite you to join our group of economists, programmers, and research support staff in fulfilling this mission. More information about our center can be found at http://www.herc.research.va.gov.
We are hiring a research associate (statistical programmer) with strong programming skills and a health care background. You will prepare and analyze datasets on health care utilization and costs, contribute to scientific papers on health economics and the cost-effectiveness of medical care, create handbooks on economics research methods, and help our research consulting service answer questions from medical researchers throughout the U.S.
- Experience in SAS or Stata programming required. Knowledge of Biostatistics preferred.
- The ability to express yourself clearly in written and spoken English.
- A bachelor’s degree and at least one year of additional schooling or work experience that required a significant amount of statistical programming.
- Familiarity with medical terms and the U.S. health care system. This requirement can be met with work experience in a clinical, research, or health care finance setting, or with a degree in public health, health services, or a related field.
- U.S. citizenship is required. Permanent residency is NOT sufficient.
HERC is part of the VA Palo Alto Health Care System and the position is located in Menlo Park, CA. We prefer local candidates. However, if you are highly qualified, we will consider full-time remotely located candidates.
Starting salary is based on education and job-related experience, with a range of $85,508 – $133,236, plus employee benefits for San Francisco Bay Area based employees. For remote employees, pay scale will be determined by your locality.
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Programmer Position.”
- A C.V. / resume, including your email address and telephone number
- A letter of interest
- Contact information for three professional or academic references
- A sample of your written work, preferably where you are the principal author
- A sample of your programming work, preferably in SAS
- A copy of your transcript for all of your degrees (unofficial is acceptable)
We will consider your application only if all of the requested documents are received, and meet all of the requirements.
Interviews will take place by video conference.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
For questions regarding this job post, please contact us by email: email@example.com
Health Economics Resource Center
VA Palo Alto Health Care System
No phone calls, please.