Are you a VA researcher and have a question or need some help from HERC? HERC provides consultation services regarding:
- Design of experimental and observational sources
- Methods for economic evaluations, including cost-effectiveness analysis and budget impact analysis
- Sources of data on the cost of VA sponsored care
- Method to micro-cost (direct measure) the resources used to provide innovative health care services
- Econometric analysis of health care costs and observational data
- Measure of preference based health utilities, the measure needed to express outcomes in terms of Quality Adjusted Life Years (QALYs)
- Other questions for which an economist's input might be helpful
The service is staffed by a PhD economist. It is our goal to respond to requests within 2 business days. Because of time constraints, the HERC consulting service is not able to analyze economic data.
Those seeking a health economist to be involved in their study will want to look at the HERC listing of VA economists. Most health economists in the VA do not work at HERC.
Please email us your request at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Detailed request, including a relatively complete description of the context of the question
You can also call us at (650) 617-2630. Be sure to ask for the on-call help desk staffer.